Dr. Omar Maher is a board certified surgeon (ACVS) with extensive experience in orthopedic and soft tissue surgery.
After completing his advanced surgical training at the #1 ranked University of California, Davis, he joined New England Equine Medical and Surgical Center as an equine surgeon for 5 years prior to founding Atlantic Equine Services in 2013.
Dr. Maher performs elective surgeries on a regular basis in multiple hospitals throughout the USA (NH, MA, NJ, and FL) and Europe, and is available for consultations as well.
Surgeries performed routinely include:
- Arthroscopic joint surgery – OCD lesions, meniscal tears, exploratory joint surgery
- Navicular bursoscopy – adhesions, infections, exploratory
- Suspensory neurectomy and fasciotomy, forelimb and hindlimb
- Fracture repair
- Upper airway surgery, including tie forward and tie back
- Laparoscopic surgery – ovariohysterectomy “spay,” cryptorchid castration
- Sinus/dental surgery